The Associate in Applied Science in Accounting Degree Program is designed for individuals who are interested in seeking employment in various accounting positions, and those who want in improving their skills in performing accounting tasks on the job.
The Accounting Program Career Certificate is also available for those students who want to take coursework focused primarily in accounting and finance.
Morton’s accounting curriculum is designed for career students; however, many of the courses will also transfer to four-year institutions.
For more information, visit the program home page.
Accounting Program Certificate Requirements Accounting AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete 6 semester hours from ENG-101, ENG-102, or SPE-101.
- Complete PSY-101 plus 2 additional semester hours from ANT-101, ANT-102, ECO-101, ECO-102, GEG-105, GEG-110, GEG-125, HIS-105, HIS-106, HIS-140, POL-201, POL-202, PSY-201, PSY-202, PSY-210, PSY-211, PSY-215, SOC-100, SOC-101, SOC-102, SOC-201, SOC-220, SSC-101, SSC-102, SSC-103, SSC-140, SSC-180.
- Complete 7 semester hours from BIO-100, BIO-102, BIO-103, BIO-104, BIO-106, BIO-110, BIO-111, BIO-140, BIO-150, BIO-160, BIO-161, BIO-202, BIO-212, BIO-215, CHM-100, CHM-101, CHM-102, CHM-105, CHM-106, CHM-205, CHM-206, CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, GEG-101, GEL-101, MAT-102, MAT-105, MAT-110, MAT-120, MAT-121, MAT-124, MAT-141, MAT-181, MAT-201, MAT-202, MAT-203, MAT-215, MAT-224, PHS-101, PHS-103, PHY-101, PHY-102, PHY-105, PHY-205, PHY-206.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
- Complete 2 semester hours of Health, Technology and College Readiness courses: CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, CSS-100, PEC-101, PEC-131, PEC-132, PEC-133, PEC-139, PEC-140, PEC-155, PEC-158, PEC-159, PEC-171, PEC-172, PEC-173, PEC-174, PEC-175, PEC-176, PEC-177, PEC-178, PEC-181, PEC-183, PEC-184, PEC-190, PEH-101, PEH-102, PEH-103, PEH-104, PEH-105, PEH-106.
Accounting AAS Career Course Requirements
- Complete CPS 111, BUS 101, BUS 102, BUS 106, BUS 111, BUS 130, BUS 201, BUS 202, BUS 203, BUS 253, and BUS-230 or BUS-231.
- Complete 13 semester hours of electives. Business electives are recommended.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)