Morton College's CAD Technology programs offers the convenience of day and evening sessions and provides experience using AutoCAD software in a Modern CAD laboratory with state-of-the-art Industrial-grade CAD workstations.
The Associate in Applied Science in Computer Aided Design Technology Degree prepares students for entry-level employment ranging from CAD operators
to mechanical designers using AutoCAD software. Courses are taught in
state-of-the-art facilities and feature the latest release of AutoCAD.
The Computer Aided Design Architectural Drafting Design Career Certificate prepares students for entry-level employment in
architectural CAD drafting using AutoCAD software.
The Computer Aided Design Drafting Technology Career Certificate prepares
students for entry-level employment in industrial drafting. Courses are offered
evenings and weekends.
The Computer Aided Design Technology Program Career
Certificate assists students in upgrading their CAD drafting skills, using the
latest release of AutoCAD software.
For more information, visit the CAD Program home page.
Architectural Draft Design Career Certificate Requirements Computer Aided Design AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete 6 semester hours from ENG-101, ENG-102, or SPE-101.
- Complete 5 semester hours from ANT-101, ANT-102, ECO-101, ECO-102, GEG-105, GEG-110, GEG-125, HIS-105, HIS-106, HIS-140, POL-201, POL-202, PSY-101, PSY-201, PSY-202, PSY-210, PSY-211, PSY-215, SOC-100, SOC-101, SOC-102, SOC-201, SOC-220, SSC-101, SSC-102, SSC-103, SSC-140, SSC-180.
- Complete 7 semester hours from BIO-100, BIO-102, BIO-103, BIO-104, BIO-106, BIO-110, BIO-111, BIO-140, BIO-150, BIO-160, BIO-161, BIO-202, BIO-212, BIO-215, CHM-100, CHM-101, CHM-102, CHM-105, CHM-106, CHM-205, CHM-206, CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, GEG-101, GEL-101, MAT-102, MAT-105, MAT-110, MAT-120, MAT-121, MAT-124, MAT-141, MAT-181, MAT-201, MAT-202, MAT-203, MAT-215, MAT-224, PHS-101, PHS-103, PHY-101, PHY-102, PHY-105, PHY-205, PHY-206. * MAT-100 and MAT-102 or MAT-105 and MAT-110 are recommended.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
- Complete 2 semester hours of Health, Technology and College Readiness courses: CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, CSS-100, PEC-101, PEC-131, PEC-132, PEC-133, PEC-139, PEC-140, PEC-155, PEC-158, PEC-159, PEC-171, PEC-172, PEC-173, PEC-174, PEC-175, PEC-176, PEC-177, PEC-178, PEC-181, PEC-183, PEC-184, PEC-190, PEH-101, PEH-102, PEH-103, PEH-104, PEH-105, PEH-106.
Computer Aided Design AAS Career Requirements
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)
CAD Technology Program Career Certificate Requirements Drafting Technology Career Certificate Requirement