The Associate in Applied Science in Computer Information Systems Degree prepares graduates for employment as computer support specialists in a business environment and is designed for learners planning to transfer to a four-year college or university.
The Network Systems Administrator Career Certificate prepares graduates for entry-level employment as computer support specialists as it prepares learners for industry certification.
The Associate in Applied Science Computer Support Specialist Degree prepares graduates for employment as computer support specialists in a business environment as it prepares learners for industry certification.
The Associate in Applied Science Computer in Web Design Degree prepares graduates for entry-level employment in the areas of Web Design and Multimedia and is designed for students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university.
The Website & Multimedia Design Career Certificate prepares graduates for entry-level employment as web site and multimedia development specialists.
For more information, visit the Computer Information Systems department page.
Computer Information Systems AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete 6 semester hours from ENG-101, ENG-102, or SPE-101.
- Complete 5 semester hours from ANT-101, ANT-102, ECO-101, ECO-102, GEG-105, GEG-110, GEG-125, HIS-105, HIS-106, HIS-140, POL-201, POL-202, PSY-101, PSY-201, PSY-202, PSY-210, PSY-211, PSY-215, SOC-100, SOC-101, SOC-102, SOC-201, SOC-220, SSC-101, SSC-102, SSC-103, SSC-140, SSC-180.
- Complete MAT-181 or higher plus 4 semester hours from BIO-100, BIO-102, BIO-103, BIO-104, BIO-106, BIO-110, BIO-111, BIO-140, BIO-150, BIO-160, BIO-161, BIO-202, BIO-212, BIO-215, CHM-100, CHM-101, CHM-102, CHM-105, CHM-106, CHM-205, CHM-206, CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, GEG-101, GEL-101, MAT-102, MAT-105, MAT-110, MAT-120, MAT-121, MAT-124, MAT-141, MAT-181, MAT-201, MAT-202, MAT-203, MAT-215, MAT-224, PHS-101, PHS-103, PHY-101, PHY-102, PHY-105, PHY-205, PHY-206.
- 4 credits of Science/Math
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
- Complete 2 semester hours of Health, Technology and College Readiness courses: CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, CSS-100, PEC-101, PEC-131, PEC-132, PEC-133, PEC-139, PEC-140, PEC-155, PEC-158, PEC-159, PEC-171, PEC-172, PEC-173, PEC-174, PEC-175, PEC-176, PEC-177, PEC-178, PEC-181, PEC-183, PEC-184, PEC-190, PEH-101, PEH-102, PEH-103, PEH-104, PEH-105, PEH-106.
Computer Information Systems AAS Core Courses Computer Info Systems AAS Track Requirements
- Complete CIS-121, CIS-220, an additional Communications course not already completed in General Ed, 6 semester hours of programming courses from CIS-103, CIS-170, CIS-172, CIS-299, CPS-120, CPS-200, CPS-210 or CPS-220, and 5 semester hours of electives.
- Additional Communications Course
- Complete CIS-133, CIS-135, CIS-136 and CIS-137 plus 1 semeter credit of electives.
- Complete CIS-133, CIS-160, CIS-180, CIS-181, CIS-233, plus 4 semeter hours of electives, 3 hours of which must be computer related.
- Electives - Computer related
- Complete CIS-103, CIS-170, CIS-172, 6 semester hours of programming courses from CIS-103, CIS-170, CIS-172, CIS-299, CPS-120, CPS-200, CPS-210 or CPS-220, and 2 semester hours of electives.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)
Computer Repair Technician Career Certificate Requirements Network Systems Administrator Career Certificate Requirements Networking Essentials Career Certificate Requirements Simulation and Game Development Certificate Requirements Web Site Development Career Certificate Requirements