The Associate in Applied Science in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Degree provides students with the necessary skills for entry-level technical positions
in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning industry. Graduates will be trained
for employment as installers, service technicians, building maintenance
crafts-men and counter sales personnel.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Career Certificate provides
students with the skills required for entry-level positions in the Heating,
Ventilation and Air Conditioning industry. Graduates will be trained to assist installers,
service technicians and building maintenance craftsmen.
For more information, visit the HVAC Program home page.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete 6 semester hours from ENG-101, ENG-102, or SPE-101.
- Complete 5 semester hours from ANT-101, ANT-102, BIO-106, ECO-101, ECO-102, GEG-105, GEG-110, GEG-125, HIS-105, HIS-106, HIS-140, POL-201, POL-202, PSY-101, PSY-201, PSY-202, PSY-210, PSY-211, PSY-215, SOC-100, SOC-101, SOC-102, SOC-201, SOC-220, SSC-101, SSC-102, SSC-103, SSC-140, SSC-180.
- Complete MAT-100 and PHS-103.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HIS-140, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
- Complete 2 semester hours of Health, Technology and College Readiness courses: CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, CSS-100, PEC-101, PEC-131, PEC-132, PEC-133, PEC-139, PEC-140, PEC-155, PEC-158, PEC-159, PEC-171, PEC-172, PEC-173, PEC-174, PEC-175, PEC-176, PEC-177, PEC-178, PEC-180, PEC-181, PEC-183, PEC-184, PEC-190, PEC-200, PEH-101, PEH-102, PEH-103, PEH-104, PEH-105, PEH-106.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning AAS Career Courses
- Complete HVA-101, HVA-102, HVA-103, HVA-104, HVA-105, HVA-110, HVA-120, HVA-105, HVA-201, HVA-203, HVA-204, HVA-206 and HVA-253.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semeter hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Career Certificate Requirements
- Complete HVA-101, HVA-102, HVA-105, HVA-110, HVA-202, HVA-103, HVA-104, HVA-120, HVA-204 and HVA-206.
- Complete 3 semester hours of electives. Courses that may be applied toward elective credits and are suggested for all students graduating with a career certificate: HVA-200, HVA-201, HVA-203, HVA-253.