The Associate in Applied Science in Law Enforcement Education Degree program trains students for a career as law officers at the city, state or federal levels or in retail or industrial security. The curriculum serves students with no previous experience, who are presently employed, who are seeking advancement or those planning to transfer to a four-year college in order to earn a bachelor’s degree in law enforcement.
For more information, visit the Law Enforcement Education Program home page.
Law Enforcement Education AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete 6 semester hours from ENG-101, ENG-102, or SPE-101.
- Complete PSY-101 and SOC-100.
- Complete 7 semester hours from BIO-100, BIO-102, BIO-103, BIO-104, BIO-106, BIO-110, BIO-111, BIO-140, BIO-150, BIO-160, BIO-161, BIO-202, BIO-212, BIO-215, CHM-100, CHM-101, CHM-102, CHM-105, CHM-106, CHM-205, CHM-206, CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, GEG-101, GEL-101, MAT-102, MAT-105, MAT-110, MAT-120, MAT-121, MAT-124, MAT-141, MAT-181, MAT-201, MAT-202, MAT-203, MAT-215, MAT-224, PHS-101, PHS-103, PHY-101, PHY-102, PHY-105, PHY-205, PHY-206.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HIS-140, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
- Complete 2 semester hours of Health, Technology and College Readiness courses: CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, CSS-100, PEC-101, PEC-131, PEC-132, PEC-133, PEC-139, PEC-140, PEC-155, PEC-158, PEC-159, PEC-171, PEC-172, PEC-173, PEC-174, PEC-175, PEC-176, PEC-177, PEC-178, PEC-180, PEC-181, PEC-183, PEC-184, PEC-190, PEC-200, PEH-101, PEH-102, PEH-103, PEH-104, PEH-105, PEH-106.
Law Enforcement Education AAS Career Requirements
- Complete Law Enforcement courses LAW-101, LAW-102, LAW-104, LAW-105, LAW-201, LAW-202, LAW-203, LAW-204, LAW-205, LAW-206, LAW-207, LAW-208 and LAW-210.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)