The Associate in Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant Degree prepares students to perform physical therapy treatments and related duties under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
Graduates must take the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) to practice as physical therapist assistants in many states including Illinois.
For more information, please visit the Physical Therapist Assistant Department page.
Physical Therapist Assistant AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete ENG-101 and either ENG-102 or SPE-101 with a "C" grade or better.
- Rhetoric II or Public Speaking
- Complete PSY-101 and either PSY-210 or PSY-215 with a "C" grade or better.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Complete BIO-103 and BIO-104 with a "C" grade or better.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PEC-180, PEC-200, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125 with a "C" grade or better.
Physical Therapist Assistant AAS Career Courses
- Complete PHT-101, PHT-105, PHT-111, PHT-112, PHT-113, PHT-114, PHT-115, PHT-117, PHT-122, PHT-123, PHT-124, PHT-125, PHT-212, PHT-217, PHT-218 and PHT-219 with a "C" grade or better.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)