Morton College's Therapeutic Massage Program can allow you to become a well-trained professional in just three semesters of study.
The Associate in Applied Science in Therapeutic Massage Degree program provides coursework in massage technique, massage theory, anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, body mechanics, documentation, medical terminolgy, business/ethics, complementary alternative therapies and advanced massage techniques.
The Therapeutic Massage Program Career Certificate provides students with the right combination of anatomical and physiological knowledge, clinical skills, sensitivity and awareness.
Completion of both programs allow graduates to sit for the Illinois State Exam for licensure as a Massage Therapist currently being given through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB/NCBTM).
For more information, visit the program home page.
Therapeutic Massage AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete ENG-101 and SPE-101 with a "C" grade or better.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ANT-101, ANT-102, ECO-101, ECO-102, GEG-105, GEG-110, GEG-125, HIS-105, HIS-106, HIS-140, POL-201, POL-202, PSY-101, PSY-201, PSY-202, PSY-210, PSY-211, PSY-215, SOC-100, SOC-101, SOC-102, SOC-201, SOC-220, SSC-101, SSC-102, SSC-103, SSC-140, SSC-180. NOTE: Suggested Behavioral or Social Studies elective: PSY-215, SSC-103 or ECO-101.
- Complete BIO-103 and BIO-104 with a "C" grade or better.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PEC-180, PEC-200, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
- Complete PEH-103 with a "C" grade or better.
Therapeutic Massage AAS Career Courses
- Complete either HCP-130, HIT-109; TPM-100, TPM-110, TPM-115, TPM-120, TPM-130, TPM-139, TPM-125, TPM-140, TPM-205, TPM-210, and either BUS-111 or CPS-111 with a "C" grade or better.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)
Therapeutic Massage Career Certificate Requirements