Transferring to Morton

  • Transfer credit is accepted under the following conditions:

    • The institution previously attended must be accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools or a comparable regional accrediting association
    • The student must submit an official transcript from each institution
    • Credit may be transferred only in college-level courses in which a grade of “D” or above has been earned (Most receiving institutions will not accept a “D” –for transfer). A grade of “C” is required in ENG 101 and ENG 102 or course equivalents in all transfer degrees (A.A., A.S., A.F.A., A.A.T.)
    • A maximum of six semester hours of credit maybe be transferred in religion courses
    • Transfer credit will be granted for course work for which a passing letter has been earned. However, grades earned in these transfer courses will not be included in the computation of the GPA at Morton College.
    • Credit from countries outside the United States may be considered. Students should consult with an Academic Advisor to determine whether a certified evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or by World Education Services, Inc., is required.