The Coordinator of Student Disability Services has the right and responsibility to:
- Request appropriate documentation of a disability and need for accommodation.
- Deny immediate requests for accommodations if the student has not honored timelines or
given adequate notification of need.
- Provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
- Provide auxiliary aids and services as appropriate.
- Inform faculty of medical/safety concerns.
- Act as an advocate for students.
Students have the right to:
- Appropriate accommodations for their disability
- Equal access to an education
- Equal and fair treatment
Students have the responsibility to:
- Be their own advocate
- Disclose relevant information regarding their disability.
- Initiate all services in a timely manner.
- Schedule tutoring and exams in the Independent Learning Center (Building C, Room 236).
- Meet each semester with the Coordinator of Student Disability to review your academic plan.