Associate in Applied Science Degree - Nursing Course Sequence - Placement 3
- who are pursuing an AAS degree in Nursing -AND-
- plan to pursue a BSN degree -AND-
- who have been placed into MAT 141 or higher -OR-
- who received Bs in their final math class in high school -OR-
- who have not taken a math class in 5 or more years but use math on a regular basis.
|Semester||Course (s)||Credit Hours|
|1st||MAT 141 General Education Math||4 credit hours|
Students investigate elementary descriptive and inferential statistical methods: graphs, averages, measures of dispersion, probability, tables, probability and sampling distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance and simple linear correlation. The course also provides the students opportunities to use computers to solve problems. Lecture four hours per week. (1) This course applies to the IAI General Education Core Curriculum Mathematics Package. (2) This course applies to one or more IAI majors. See an Academic Advisor for details.
Prerequisite: MAT 095 or MAT 086 or MAT 102 or MAT 105 or qualifying placement.
Corequisite: MAT 098