The Associate in Applied Science in Office Management Technology Degree prepares students for administrative positions requiring advanced office skills.
The Office Management Technology Electronic Records Management Career Certificate provides students with basic knowledge and skills to manage electronic files. Students will learn how to create and maintain records manually and electronically, data entry and general office skills.
The Office Management Technology Medical Office Support Career Certificate provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to work as a nonclinical medical office worker. Students will earn general office procedures, data entry, and file management using medical office simulation software.
The Office Management Technology Office Communications Career Certificate prepares students for entry-level office management positions in business, government and industry.
The Office Management Technology Office Data Entry Career Certificate provides students with basic skills in keyboarding, voice recognition software and office procedures.
The Office Management Technology Office Technology Specialist Career Certificate prepares for an executive assistant or office management position in today’s globalized business environment.
For more information on this program, visit the Department Home Page.
AAS General Education Requirements
- Complete ENG-101 and SPE-101.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ANT-101, ANT-102, ECO-101, ECO-102, GEG-105, GEG-110, GEG-125, HIS-105, HIS-106, HIS-140, POL-201, POL-202, PSY-101, PSY-201, PSY-202, PSY-210, PSY-211, PSY-215, SOC-100, SOC-101, SOC-102, SOC-201, SOC-220, SSC-101, SSC-102, SSC-103, SSC-140, SSC-180.
- Complete 4 semester hours from BIO-100, BIO-102, BIO-103, BIO-104, BIO-106, BIO-110, BIO-111, BIO-140, BIO-150, BIO-160, BIO-161, BIO-202, BIO-212, BIO-215, CHM-100, CHM-101, CHM-102, CHM-105, CHM-106, CHM-205, CHM-206, CPS-101, CPS-111, CPS-120, CPS-122, CPS-200, CPS-210, CPS-220, GEG-101, GEL-101, MAT-102, MAT-105, MAT-110, MAT-120, MAT-121, MAT-124, MAT-141, MAT-181, MAT-201, MAT-202, MAT-203, MAT-215, MAT-224, PHS-101, PHS-103, PHY-101, PHY-102, PHY-105, PHY-205, PHY-206.
- Complete 3 semester hours from ART-101, ART-102, ART-103, ART-104, ART-105, ART-107, ART-111, ART-113, ART-115, ART-116, ART-117, ART-120, ART-125, ART-126, ART-127, ART-203, ART-204, ART-205, ART-211, ART-213, ART-217, ART-220, ENG-211, ENG-215, ENG-216, ENG-218, ENG-220, ENG-221, HIS-103, HIS-104, HIS-140, HUM-150, HUM-151, HUM-153, HUM-154, MUS-100, MUS-101, MUS-102, MUS-103, MUS-105, MUS-106, MUS-107, MUS-108, MUS-110, MUS-111 MUS-115, MUS-116, MUS-121, MUS-122, MUS-123, MUS-127, MUS-128, MUS-129, MUS-130, MUS-131, MUS-160, MUS-210, MUS-211, MUS-215, MUS-216, PEC-180, PEC-200, PHI-125, PHI-126, PHI-180, PHI-201, PHI-202, SPE-115, SPN-101, SPN-102, SPN-120, SPN-121, SPN-130, SPN-201, SPN-202, SPN-215, SPN-216, SPN-220, SPN-225, SPN-226, THR-107, THR-108, THR-110, THR-112, THR-113, THR-125.
Office Management Technology Career Course Requirements
- Complete OMT-101, OMT-102, OMT-124, OMT-125, OMT-126, OMT-127, OMT-140, OMT-206, OMT-207, OMT-210, OMT-211, OMT-212, OMT-214, OMT-222, OMT-225, OMT-242, OMT-248, OMT-250, OMT-253, CIS-124, CIS-125(3602), CIS-142, CIS-143.
- Students must earn a minimum of 15 credits required for the degree at Morton College. The last 10 semester hours must be completed at Morton College uninterrupted by coursework from another institution. (Please note: this requirement will only be marked as 'Completed' after your final semester grades have been posted. Contact your academic advisor if you need further clarification.)
Electronic Records Management Certificate Requirements Medical Office Support Certificate Requirements Office Communications Certificate Requirements Office Data Entry Career Certificate Requirements Office Technology Specialist Certificate Requirements
- Complete CIS-124, CIS-142, CIS-143, OMT-101, OMT-102, OMT-126, OMT-140, OMT-206, OMT-207, OMT-210, OMT-211, OMT-212, OMT-222, OMT-225, OMT-242 and OMT-248.