The Career Services Office serves Morton College students, alumni, community residents and employers of the Morton College district. For more information please contact Gina Torres, ext. 2157.
We encourage students to visit our office to learn more about their career choices and explore different employment opportunities. We also offer events and workshops throughout the year to help students develop the soft skills required to be successful in today’s competitive workforce.
Our services help students:
- make informed career choices
- develop career plans
- navigate the job search process
- obtain labor market information
- foster student employer relationships
To schedule a 30-minute appointment simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org provide your name, student ID, phone number and indicate what services you need.
Questions? Please call us at 708-656-8000 ext. 2250 or email at email@example.com
Spring/Fall Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Closed weekends
Summer Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Closed Friday and weekends
If you are not able to keep you appointment, please cancel 24 hours in advance. We will make every effort to reschedule the appointment within five business days. Tardiness
If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, you will be asked to reschedule the appointment on another date. No-Show
If you fail to attend more than two scheduled appointments without cancelling, you may be denied further services for a period determined by Career Services.
Career and Major Advice
2. Visit our office for tips and samples for writing resumes and cover letters.
Resumé Writing Resources
- Easily search and apply to local and national Full-time, Part-time, Internship/Co-op job opportunities
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articlest
Our office hosts employers who visit our campus to offer students employment opportunities. Employer tables are typically located in the cafeteria.
Events and Workshops
- Job fair (spring): Meet with employers to discuss employment opportunities
- Volunteer Fair (fall): Learn about different volunteer opportunities in your community
- On-campus employer visits. View our calendar for updated schedule
- Workshops: Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Networking, and much more