CAREER SERVICES REMOTE HELP Due to COVID-19
Our goal is to continue helping our students as much as we can during this situation. Whether you need to schedule an appointment, have your resume reviewed, need assistance searching for jobs or have a different question, here is how to take advantage of our services:
To schedule a 30 minute appointment simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org provide your name, student I.D., phone number and indicate whether you prefer to have your appointment via phone or video chat. For video chats, the career coach will email you a Zoom link to your Morton email address once the appointment is approved. Learn how to create your zoom account https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html
Video conferencing appointments online with Zoom.
Learn about using Zoom with interactive videos by clicking here. (HYPERLINK: https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html)
Click on this https://zoom.us/j/96888246756
Mondays & Wednesdays 9am-12pm
Fall Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
The Career Services Office serves Morton College students, alumni, community residents and employers of the Morton College district. For more information please contact Gina Torres, ext. 2157.
We encourage students to visit our office to learn more about their career choices and explore different employment opportunities. We also offer events and workshops throughout the year to help students develop the soft skills required to be successful in today’s competitive workforce.
Our services help students:
- make informed career choices
- develop career plans
- navigate the job search process
- obtain labor market information
- foster student employer relationships
If you are not able to keep you appointment, please cancel 24 hours in advance. We will make every effort to reschedule the appointment within five business days.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, you will be asked to reschedule the appointment on another date.
If you fail to attend more than two scheduled appointments without cancelling, you may be denied further services for a period determined by Career Planning and Placement.
Contact Us or Drop By!
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
College offices are closed on Fridays
from May 21st to August 10th.
Career and Major Advice
Choosing a major in college is one of life’s biggest decisions. Let us help you.
If you have a dream job in mind, but don’t know where to start, start with SIGI3, the fast, easy-to-use Web-based software that helps you make important decisions about your future. SIGI3 can help you:
- Understand your work-related values, interests, and skills
- Get current, reliable, in-depth info on jobs and how to prepare
- Find out the skills employers want
- Develop your own education and career plan to make your way to a brilliant future.
After taking Sigi3, you can schedule an appointment to discuss your results.
Make a first great impression with any employer by having a resumé that promotes you as the ideal candidate. The objective in writing a resumé is to make yourself attractive to employers, and securing an opportunity to interview with the organization. To put your best foot forward:
1. Schedule an appointment to help you create a resume or to have a professional review it.
2. Visit our office for tips and samples for writing resumes and cover letters.
Resumé Writing Resources
Morton College uses College Central Network (CCN) as its official resume and job posting service. Local employers post jobs exclusively to our school via the CCN site. Students and alumni create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/morton to:
- Easily search and apply to local and national Full-time, Part-time, Internship/Co-op job opportunities
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articlest
Our office hosts employers who visit our campus to offer students employment opportunities. Employer tables typically located in the cafeteria.
View our calendar to view the list of scheduled visits.
Register to attend our Virtual Job Fair to meet with a variety of employers to explore Full-time, Part-time & Internship Opportunities. The fair takes place on Wednesday, April 29 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For a list of employers and job opportunities, visit the Morton College Virtual Job Fair 2020
Please note the CPP office does not handle on-campus employment.
Visit the Human Resources website or the HR office in Building B, Room 211 for permanent part-time and full-time employment opportunities at Morton College.
Students interested in applying for an open student aide position may visit the Human Resources website and click the "Classified" button.
Events and Workshops
Take advantage of our FREE workshops and events open to all students, community and alumni. Topics range from choosing a major, job search strategies, using social media effectively for networking purposes, resumé writing and more.
Typical events throughout the year may include:
- Job fair (spring): Meet with employers to discuss employment opportunities
- Volunteer Fair (fall): Learn about different volunteer opportunities in your community
- On-campus employer visits. View our calendar for updated schedule
- Workshops: Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Networking, and much more