General Requirements

You are eligible to enroll at Morton College if you are:

A graduate of an accredited high school or a recipient of an HSEC certificate

18 years old

Capable of benefiting from college-level instruction

High School Students

High school students must be at least 16 years old at the time of registration and submit a completed Secondary School Reference Form.

High School students should submit:

1. A completed New Student Information Form. Applying online is the way to go and as simple as Applying Here. There is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $10.00.
2. Official high school transcript
3. Official HSEC scores or college transcripts

Applications for Health Career Programs must meet additional requirements. For more information, schedule an appointment with an Academic Adviser.

In-District Tuition

To be eligible for in-district tuition, you must verify that you live in District 527 by presenting one of the following:

  • Valid Illinois driver’s license
  • Current utility bill
  • Current voter registration card
  • Illinois State ID card
  • Bank statements

Employees of for- and on-profit businesses or agencies located within the College district may enroll in Morton College courses at the in-district tuition rate if written approval is provided by their employer. Verification of employment must be a letter printed on company letterhead and include supervisor's name, title of supervisor, contact phone number of supervisor and student’s job/position.

To be eligible for this special tuition rate, employment verification must be presented at the time of initial registration for the semester. Registration must be done in the Office of Admission and Records for the tuition rate to be applied. More information and employment verification forms are available in the Office of Admissions and Records, 1st floor B building.


To help avoid delays, unnecessary costs and inconvenience, please carefully note the following policies and guidelines for academic transcripts.

  • Morton College does NOT accept faxed, duplicated, or “loose” copies of transcripts as official academic records. Please do not fax copies of transcripts, remove transcripts from sealed envelopes, or present duplications of transcripts.
  • Please contact your high school, college, or other previous academic institution(s) and ask them to mail official transcripts to Morton College. You may also obtain official transcripts and submit them, in the envelope sealed by the academic institution, to the Office of Admissions, 1st floor B Building.
  • To submit the results of an HSEC, please contact the testing agency directly to obtain official records (Chicago area HSEC students should call (847) 328-9795).
  • In order to transfer credits from another institution to Morton College and have them applied to your student record, meet with your Academic Advisor and complete a Transcript Evaluation Form (degree or certificate seeking students only).

To request more information or receive an enrollment packet, please contact the Office of Admissions & Records at 708/656-8000, ext. 2346.

Veteran Transfer Credits

Morton College must receive sealed transcripts from all other college and/or military training. Students can obtain their transcripts by contacting the following branches of service:


No contact given; call the Education Office at former base.


AARTS Office, 415 McPherson Ave.
Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1373

International Students

Citizens of other countries wishing to enroll at Morton College should click the "Apply Online" button on the website, complete the online application then submit the following documents:

  • Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
  • Official transcripts of secondary school records and from each college previously attended accompanied by a certified English translation by a foreign credential agency accredited by (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
  • Tests of ability, aptitude and/or interest as may be required
  • Evidence of financial support

A minimum score of 500 (paper) or 173 (computer) on the the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required to demonstrate English proficiency.

Candidates must submit these documents at least eight weeks before the start of the term for which they plan to enroll. Once accepted, Morton College will issue an I-20 to the student.

Those attending Morton College on a student visa must enroll as a full-time credit student each semester and will be charged the international tuition rate. Federal and state financial aid may not be available to citizens of countries other than the United States.

Students who fail to enroll as a full-time credit student each semester will have their F1 status terminated.

Download the application

  • Mission Statement

    The Office of Admissions & Records works collaboratively with students, staff, and the community to provide high quality service. Our mission is to maintain student records, process transcripts, and registration with integrity and pride.
  • Requirements