Download the Blackboard App

The Blackboard app gives you the information you want, the connections you crave, and the personalization you demand, on the go. We're putting learning directly in the hands of students, so you can stay connected with your educational journey anytime, anywhere.

  • Apple Devices

  • Google Devices

  • Windows Devices

  • Directory

  • Class Schedule

  • Apply Now

  • Panther Portal

Applying for Financial Aid

Getting Started

Eligibility Requirements

Financial Aid Recipients must

  • Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Have a high school diploma, General Education Degree (GED) Certificate or have completed a homeschooling at the secondary level
  • Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
  • Have a valid Social Security number
  • Register with Selective Services, if applicable
  • Not be in default on federal loan(s) or owe an over-payment on federal grants
  • Maintain Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Note: You may not be eligible to receive federal student aid if you've been convicted under federal or state law of selling or possessing illegal drugs

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Application. You can complete the FAFSA each year as early as October 1st.

To apply for federal student aid:

  1. Apply for an FSA ID on the Federal Student Aid website
  2. Complete and submit the FAFSA application at
  3. Contact the Financial Aid Office three (3) to five (5) business days from the date you submit your FAFSA to receive additional required documentation.

FAFSA Completion Workshops

The Financial Aid Office provides regularly scheduled workshops to help students make corrections on their FAFSAs or fill out new FAFSAs. Students must pre-register in order to attend the workshops.

Contact Jazmyne Alzate at (708) 656-8000 Ext. 2435 to register for a FAFSA Completion Workshop.

Morton College Financial Aid Process

The financial aid process can take a few months, so begin your application process early. After your file is reviewed, you may be required to submit additional information.

Failure to submit any required documentation may cause you to lose or delay your financial aid eligibility. Follow up with the Financial Aid Office to ensure your file is complete.