Morton College has developed a program to help students in emergency situations!
The Morton College Student Emergency Fund was created to provide eligible students facing short-term, non-reoccurring financial emergencies with help.
Students may request funds for an emergency situation, or for unanticipated and compelling circumstances that jeopardize their ability to successfully continue in school.
Student Emergency Funds will be provided in the form of grants, and typically will range from $100 to $500 depending on need.
Expenses that will be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Replacement costs of essential personal belongings in the event of fire, theft or natural disaster that are not covered by insurance such as laptops or books
- Individually recommended or required services that are considered critical to a student’s success, for example, diagnostic testing for Accessibility Resources
- Winter coat or interview suit
- Money to purchase groceries
- Money for transportation
To be considered eligible, the student must:
- Be currently enrolled
- Be in good standing
- Have no code of conduct record
- Demonstrate financial hardship that jeopardizes the student’s ability to successfully continue in school due to
- an emergency situation, or
- unanticipated and compelling circumstances
To request funding, please complete an application by clicking on the following link: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?MortonCollege&layout_id=3