Students intending to enroll in an English or mathematics course (or a course with an English or mathematics prerequisite) must take a placement test before registering for classes. You may be exempt from English placement testing only based on previous college credit (i.e. AP, CLEP, transfer credit, ACT scores or SAT scores, etc..). Students who place into and plan to enroll in a College Algebra or higher level Mathematics course must show proof of geometry proficiency. Geometry proficiency can be presented by submitting an official high school transcript and having Integrated Math 1, 2, and 3 (Morton East and West students) or for all other students, the equivalent of. The Office of Admission and Records or your Academic Advisor can determine whether you have this proficiency completed.
For more information, contact the Academic Advising Center at (708) 656-8000 Ext. 2250.
Morton College Testing Center
The Testing Center is located in the Student Success Center (SSC) on the 2nd floor of Building C in Rooms 233 and 234. The Testing Center provides assessment services to assists students as they pursue their educational goals.
In order to ensure test security and integrity and to provide an optimal testing environment, the following rules are strictly enforced:
- A photo ID is required for all assessment tests
- Calculators, dictionaries and/or study materials are not allowed in the testing room
- Children are not permitted in the Testing Center, nor can they be left alone while you test
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and put away before entering the Testing Center
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the Testing Center
- Students arriving late for an exam may be required to schedule a new test date