Career Information for DACA Students



DACA with “work only” social security cards are allowed to take their NCLEX exams. However, once students become a Licensed Registered Professional Nurse (RN), they must have an official social security number/card within two years to renew their RN license.

Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)

DACA students can graduate from the program and are eligible to take the exam to be licensed as a PTA. Graduates with a valid social security number should have no difficulty finding employment. Morton College DACA students have graduated from the PTA program, passed their board exams, and are currently working in Chicago hospitals as PTAs.

Therapeutic Massage

Massage therapists are required to be licensed by the state which requires passing a state exam. The exam and the license applications both require a social security number. Since DACA recipients receive a number, they are eligible to work in the state.

Emotional/Behavioral Health

Social Workers
For more information, contact Jennifer Iniquez, Morton College Counselor.
Call Advising to make an appointment at (708) 656-8000, Ext. 2250.