Associate in Arts Degree - Statistics Course Sequence - Placement 3
This course sequence is for students:
- who are pursuing an AA degree -AND-
- who are planning to transfer to a four year university that requires a statistics course for the student’s planned major -AND-
- who have been placed into MAT 102 -OR-
- who received Bs or higher in their final math class in high school -OR-
- who have not taken a math class in 5 or more years but use math on a regular basis.
|Semester||Course (s)||Credit Hours|
|1st||MAT 141 General Education Math||4 credit hours|
MAT 141 STATISTICS 4 CREDITS (IAI: M1 902)
Students investigate elementary descriptive and inferential statistical methods: graphs, averages, measures of dispersion, probability, tables, probability and sampling distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance and simple linear correlation. The course also provides the students opportunities to use computers to solve problems. Lecture four hours per week. (1) This course applies to the IAI General Education Core Curriculum Mathematics Package. (2) This course applies to one or more IAI majors. See an Academic Advisor for details.
Prerequisite: MAT 095 or MAT 086 or MAT 102 or MAT 105 or qualifying placement.
Corequisite: MAT 098