Early Childhood Education Program Early Childhood Aide Career Certificate
The Early Childhood Education Program Early Childhood Aide Career Certificate provides early childhood caregivers with basic knowledge regarding child growth/development and an overview of early childhood education field.
Associate in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education Degree
The Associate in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education Degree provides the early childhood education professional with knowledge to care for children in child care centers, home child care, etc.
Early Childhood Education Program Paraprofessional Educator Career Certificate
The Early Childhood Education Program Paraprofessional Educator Career Certificate prepares students for entry-level positions as paraprofessional educators (teacher assistants) and can lead to the Associate in Applied Science degree in Paraprofessional Education.
Early Childhood Education Program Early Childhood Assistant Career Certificate
The Early Childhood Education Program Early Childhood Assistant Career Certificate provides early childhood caregivers with basic knowledge regarding child growth/development and developmentally appropriate programming.
Early Childhood Education Program Early Childhood Education Career Certificate
The Early Childhood Education Program Early Childhood Education Career Certificate prepares students for entry-level positions in child care programs and meets the minimal educational requirements established by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services for an early childhood teacher who has obtained one year’s experience in a licensed center.
Career-Advancing Degrees in Early Childhood
Morton College is partnering with National Louis University. Choose from:
Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Practice
- Work in child care settings that do not require state licensure
- Obtain up to three statewide recognized Gateways to Opportunity credentials:
- ECE Level 5
- Infant Toddler Care Level 5
- Family Child Care Level 5
- Illinois Director Credential Level II
Teaching Degrees in Early Childhood Ed (ECE)
- Teach children from birth to grade three with one of our teaching programs
- Bachelor’s in ECE
- Graduates will earn a Professional Educator License (PEL) endorsed for early childhood and self-contained general education
For more information, download an informational flyer.
- Forms for ECE Credentials
- Information about options for jobs
- Information about transfer opportunities to Universities
Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program
The Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program is an individual-based scholarship opportunity for eligible practitioners working in Early Care and Education (ECE) or school-age care programs. The Program will pay a percentage of tuition and fees dependent upon availability of funding. Goals of the program include:
- Enabling practitioners to continue education in ECE and to earn degrees, certificates, endorsements, or credentials
- Promoting increased earning ability through increased education
- Improving the quality and consistency of care received by children in licensed child care or school-age care settings
Are you eligible? Find out by visiting the Illinois Gateways to Opportunity website.
Early Childhood Nature Assistant
This curriculum is designed to provide basic knowledge regarding child growth and development and nature-based developmentally appropriate programming for those working with children in zoos, park districts and museums.
For more information, including course offerings, download the informational flyer (PDF).
Morton College Externship in Early Childhood Education
In partnership with Morton College, the Chicago Zoological Society offers a limited number of externships in Early Childhood Education at the Hamill Family Play Zoo for students currently enrolled in ECE-260 Early Childhood Education Internship.
Interested Early Childhood Education students should download a PDF of position requirements and responsibilities.
- Be referred to CZS by instructor of ECE-260
- Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- If offered the position, provide proof of current tetanus immunization (within 10 years), at extern's cost
- If offered position, submit to a complete background check
Interested students must complete a full CELO application packet, which includes the online application, resumé, cover letter, two letters of recommendation from professional references and an unoffical transcript.
Applications may be sent to:
Fax: (708) 688-7304
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF attachments preferred)
Mail: Conservation Leadership Program Supervisor, 3300 Golf Road, Brookfield, IL 60513
Bridging the Gap
Degrees and Career Certificates
For more information on courses, requirements, the Associate in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education Degree and Early Childhood Education Career Certificates.