Election Day - College Closed
03novAll DayElection Day - College Closed
Event DetailsNovember 3rd is an important day for our nation as we go to the polls for the presidential election, as well as many other decisions important to the future of
November 3rd is an important day for our nation as we go to the polls for the presidential election, as well as many other decisions important to the future of our region, state and nation. As such, we would like to remind our students, faculty, and staff that Tuesday, November 3 is a state holiday; therefore, Morton College will be closed on Election Day and classes will not be held As members of a diverse college community, we all share in the responsibility of shaping our society. For citizens of the United States over 18 years old, voting is the easiest way to participate in social dialogue. Different levels of government determine your community’s response to everything from potholes to parks, and voting gives you the chance to select the people making those decisions. During these unprecedented times, voting may take a little more planning than it has in the past. However, the state of Illinois provides you with three reliable options for casting your ballot:
- Vote in person on November 3 at your polling place. If you are not registered to vote, you can do so and vote on election day.
- Apply to vote absentee by mail. Using this method, your ballot must be postmarked by November 3 and arrive at your county election office by November 10.
- Vote before Election Day at an early voting location:
- Brookfield Village Hall, 8820 Brookfield Ave., Brookfield, IL 60513
- Cicero Community Center, 2250 S. 49th Ave., Cicero, IL 60804
- Cicero PSO Building, 5410 w. 34th St., Cicero, IL 60804
- Lyons, Village Hall, 4200 S. Lawndale Ave., Lyons, IL 60534
- Oak Park Village Hall, 123 Madison St., Oak Park, IL 60302