The Morton College Nursing Program has affiliation agreements for clinical rotations in acute and long-term care, clinics and other healthcare agencies in the following locations:
- Downers Grove
- LaGrange and
- Surrounding communities
Part of the learning experience involves direct patient care. Each student is held personally accountable to meeting specific health requirements to ensure the well-being of patients, staff and other individuals, and to foster self-care behaviors. The following documentation must be on file in the Health Careers Office prior to the first day of class and maintained throughout enrollment in the program:
- Physical examination and statement from a physician or mid-level care provider licensed to practice in Illinois
- Hepatitis B series vaccine or proof of positive titer
- Laboratory tests
- Proof of positive titers for MMR (measles, [Rubeola], mumps, rubella [German measles]), Varicella (Chicken pox)
- 10 panel toxicology screen showing negative results for a period of 30 days prior to admission into the nursing program, up to and including the first day of clinical
- A negative toxicology screen is required for student entry into a clinical facility and must be maintained throughout the program
- Color vision screening
- A quantiFERON gold test
- For positive results, a chest x-ray is required. NOTE: This test is required annually.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap)
- Influenza vaccine is required in October 1st, which is the start of the "flu season"
- Liability insurance purchased through the college at registration
- Health insurance
- Background check
- Each student must consent in writing to a criminal background check to be done prior to entry into a healthcare facility, in accordance with State law and The Joint Commission standards for healthcare workers
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification (CPR)
- This is the only certification accepted by the Morton College Nursing Program, which expires two (2) years from the date it is issued.